Pages

April 19, 2011

Fabric Mini Bunting


A couple of days ago, I got the urge to add a little spring touch to some things in my house.  I don't have many Easter decorations, and otherwise, my house is looking just about the same as it does in the winter:)  But with warmer weather teasing us, I wanted to add some color.
Bunting Banners are very popular - and I have to admit, I like them too:) 
This is a very simple, inexpensive project, that fit my need for spring decor perfectly!

From my bag of fabric scraps, I cut a bunch of tiny triangles.  Each one was about 2" on each side.  I did use a piece of paper that I had cut into a triangle as a guide.  Holding the paper and fabric together, I cut each triangle out quickly, until I had a big pile. 
Using twine to hang the fabric, I put a line of tacky glue onto the back top of each triangle, and stuck them to the string, close together, and let them dry. 
I made two of them in just a couple of minutes, and hung one on the cabinet in the bathroom, and one on the piano...

They are really fun and whimsical.  My daughter is so sweet - and keeps commenting on how much she likes them.  So I will probably make one for her room as well. 
It is nice to use up tiny fabric scraps, and they match my house, since I have used a lot of this fabric for other things.  It sure is nice to welcome springtime!

image signature

11 comments:

  1. I tried this out. Thanks for sharing. It's too cute! You can find it on my blog right here: http://chicaesartistica.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-fabric-bunting.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute! I love it.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays.
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspire-me-monday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea - I have done it with paper but have yet to try it with fabric. TFS

    tina
    embellishments by tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another happy little bunting. I really love the generations picture...what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That came out so cute. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! so little, cute and fun :)

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-4-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute! I love that they are tiny too. Thanks so much for linking to It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete