Pages

September 14, 2011

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape!



My daughter loves Harry Potter.  I seem to be saying often how much she loves things :)  What can I say, she is a sweet 4 year old who really gets into stuff!
We have let her watch a couple of Harry Potter movies, she plays Harry Potter Lego with my husband on the Play Station, and she has her own wand that my husband made for her out of a stick....she is a serious HP fan :)

When I saw this shirt pinned on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one for her.
If you don't know the reference, check out the Potter Puppet Pals, here on Youtube...a must see...
my children can often be heard singing the song from that video. 



I used the Freezer Paper Stencil method again, as I did here...which is to cut the freezer paper (I used my Silhouette) and iron it onto the fabric...


I painted it with black fabric paint, so that it was not quite perfectly covered, to look a bit worn and weathered.

She LOVES it!  The shirt was only $5 at Target - and so easy to make.  So next time you see a t-shirt that you like, especially ones with just a few words on them, try this out!!


image signature

5 comments:

  1. Lindsay, how does fabric paint hold up in the wash? just curious what happens over time... looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Love any Harry Potter craft.
    ladeedacreations.com
    following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything Harry Potter. And this shirt is so adorable. Of course the sweet little girl in the pics helps too!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete