Pages

October 27, 2011

Felt Trick-or-Treat Bag - Etch A Sketch!



Pin It

I have loved making custom trick or treat bags for my kids the past few years.
They are quick, they can be tailored to any theme, and I think they add so much to the costume :)

When my daughter decided to be Jessie from Toy Story, my awesome sister gave me the idea to make an "Etch A Sketch" bag - since Etch is another Toy Story character...brilliant!

I created the basic tutorial for this bag here - when making this "Doggie Treats" trick or treat bag last year:


With this pattern you can make any design to match your child's costume!


I used grey embroidery floss to stitch "Trick or Treat" on one side of Etch, and "Boo!" on the other side - just as it would look on a real Etch A Sketch.  The words at the top were painted on with a stencil I made with my Silhouette. 

Here is my little Jessie Doll with her trick or treat bag.  I love how it completes the whole outfit!


image signature

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! I love it!
    Found you at Sunday Showcase Party

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It definitely does complete the costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the writing is just like on an etch-a-sketch! Your daughter makes an adorable Jessie doll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute!!!

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete